Friday, February 03, 2006

Sick of Discipline

We are faced with the paradoxical fact that education has become one of the chief obstacles to intelligence and freedom of thought. Bertrand Russell

6 months after joining, I feel like run away from this place. So much of discipline, I cant simply live in. In my school days I never attended more than first half of day. College it was no better. But in last 7 months 100% attendance. Unbelievable!!. A long list of unspoken/spoken Do's and Don’ts to follow. No freedom to decide what is good for me what is not. Am I a child? There may be good intentions behind all these rules but for me they are having negative impact. I feel like tied up and not able to perform to my fullest potential. Academically worst phase of my life is on.

Classes apart, daily quiz, presentations and assignment has made me sick and I am desperately looking to go home. After 22 more days, I will at my home after 8 months. I have already given a wish list to my sis and parents. Hope this break will give me a much needed boost.

No comments: